In order to activate the integration in Wicket, the Moodle Instance needs to be configured following these steps:
- Login to the Moodle instance to be configured using an account with administrator permissions. The user must be in the list of site administrators of the Moodle instance.
- Enable web services: Go to the Advanced Features page of the Site Administration section (/admin/settings.php?section=optionalsubsystems), find the field “Enable web services” and click the checkbox. Click “Save changes” to proceed.
- Enable protocols: Go to "Manage protocols" located under the “Plugins > Web services” sub-menu in the Site Administration section (/admin/settings.php?section=webserviceprotocols) and click “Enable” for the REST protocol. Click “Save changes” to proceed.
- Create a specific user: A Web services user is required to represent the system controlling Moodle. Create the user on the “Add a new user” page (/user/editadvanced.php?id=-1) under the "Users > Accounts" sub-menu on the Site Administration section. The username and password of this user will be required on the Moodle service configuration page in Wicket.
- Check user capabilities: Create a webservice role or assign the user a role with the following capabilities:
Give the service a Name and Short name, then click the “Enabled” checkbox. Finally, click “Add service” to proceed. The short name used for the service will be required on the Moodle service configuration page in Wicket.
Next, click the “Add functions” link.
Add the following functions:
Next, select the user and click “Add” to assign it to the service.
Next, select the User and Service, then click “Save changes” to generate the token.
Enable the service, select the desired data synchronization flow (Outbound and/or Inbound), select the synchronization fields (such as Name, Phone Number, Address), then add select the synchronization roles if required.
Enter the Moodle API credentials:
- The Moodle instance URL
- The Moodle Webservice Name created on Step 6
- The User Name and Password of the user created in Step 4
The Integration is now configured.