The membership_owner is set when a membership is created on an Organization in Wicket. This person is then listed as the Customer in Stax Bill. Organizations may need to update the membership_owner for a specific Org/membership in Wicket. This can be done by a Wicket administrator with the following steps.
- Navigate to the Organization in Wicket, then click on the Membership page
- At the bottom right of the Membership table, click Actions > Transfer Stax Bill Customer
- In the pop-up, select the existing customer (Stax Bill Customer) you'd like to change.
Note: Some Orgs could have multiple Stax Bill Customers that appear in this window. Ensure you are selecting the proper one.
- On the Review screen, double-check the correct Stax Bill Customer will be replaced. The existing customer's name, address, and any saved Credit Cards in Stax Bill will be displayed for review (only the last 4 digits are exposed).
Note: Any credit cards saved on file in Stax Bill will be available for use by the new membership owner. If these should not be available for use by the new membership owner, a Stax Bill administrator can delete these saved payment methods.
- In the "Transfer to person" field, type in the new customer's name or primary email address.
- Click "Save."
The new customer will now be set as the membership_owner in Wicket, and their name will be shown in the associated Stax Bill record.
Note: The customer name and email in Stax Bill will be overwritten with the new membership_owner's data.